Muzik 4 Machines - This Electro in Week Tech (2009 Week 25-26)
You can play this music without installing a BitTorrent client.
To start this P2P download, you have to install a BitTorrent client like Vuze.
Total size: 2.19 gigabyte
Added: 2821 days ago by Muzik4M
Last updated: 21 minutes ago
The Wand Maker
Muzik 4 machines is a minimal electro tech project from Montreal, Canada. Performing Live with hardware sequencers and synthesizers, it creates a plethora of sounds ranging from electro to drum and bass, always with the same minimalist modus operandi; Distorted analog and punchy sampled drums, a few monophonic tracks, lots of effects and constant sonic mangling and tweaking.
It all began in 1991 with a Portastudio, a guitar and a TR-707 drum machine; early compositions were a mix between early house and grunge music, mixing the 4 on the floor rhythm with loud fuzz guitar. As the technology evolved, so did the Project; recruiting performers and signers and buying, finding or building new gadgets and sound mangling devices. When computer became powerful enough to generate and process sound, a new page of M4M history started.
The Music also evolved from simple riffs over a steady beat to more complex and mysterious texture in some works and at the same time exploded into Rave party music in others. They got some good charts apparition online and even sold Cd's worldwide on the then underground mp3.com website that since closed.
Over the years, different styles were explored as the personel changed (house, techno, drum and bass, rock, noise rock, pop, trance, and some unclassifiable sounds). Guests including Luke, MisterW, YUL and DP participated to different Live events and recordings (all available online).
Back to minimal electro house, Muzik 4 Machines is now producing new material, performing it live, and distributing it via bit torrent and youtube.
* Korg ESX1: All Sequences/Drums
* Yamaha TX81z: Reverby/Pumpy Sawtooth Bass (chain:TX81z-Roland V-Vha-Akai MFC42-Alesis Nanoverb-DBX266 ch1 (pump)-ch2 (Compression)-Mixer)
* Roland MKS50: Hoover/Saw/Lead/Pumpy Synth (Chain MKS50-Boss SL20-DBX266-Zoom RFX2200-Mixer)
*Clavia Nord Micro Modular: Synth, bass, arpegios, pads, chords
* Redsound SoundBite Pro: Vocals/looping
* Korg Kaoss pad 2: Tempo Delay
* Korg Kaoss Pad 3: Loops, Looper(snare rolls), Grainshifter
* Korg Kaossilator: Noise Sweeps (path: K01-Mini KP(Delay)-Mixer)
* Korg ER1: Beatbox AND sidechain signal (Chain: left out-ProCo Turbo Rat-Dimebag Wha-Mixer)
* DX200: Fm E-piano, pads, 303-esque sequences, etc (Chain: Left Out-Boss DD5 delay-Mixer)
* Motu Midi Mixer 7s: My mixer, controlled by the BCF2000)
* Kawai Midi Patchbay:Guess
* DBX MC 6: Output Compressor