Kitchen Sink Portable Freeware 1.3 beta
To start this P2P download, you have to install a BitTorrent client like Vuze.
Sponsored: Download Free Software
Total size: 608.94 megabyte
Added: 1142 days ago by foldinghome
Last updated: 4 seconds ago
Over time, 1,000s of developers have produced great software and then made it freeware either because it wasn't lucrative or out of a sense of social responsibility. Nobody has the time or energy to download each of those programs, evaluate them, and then reinstall them on every machine they use. However, there is a way: portable software allows people to take their computers with them and get tons of applications in one big file.
Kitchen Sink can fit on a 2 gig flash drive, work from your hard drive, and be given to friends. Its a great tool and I love taking all the work that everyone at www.portablefreeware.com does to send this project out to the masses.
- Beta software! We need your feedback
- 608 megs compressed, 1.5 gigs normally -- English only (to save space)
- Over 200 different programs from Internet, Media, Troubleshooting, and more. No games.
- Optimized for Windows XP 32-bit, but most programs will work on all versions of Windows, and many on Mac and Linux using WINE or Crossover.
- If you start the "Open Any File" tool, you can double-click and open (and often edit) over 700 file formats
- If saved onto a USB drive, program will automatically start when plugged in.
None. You *may* need Unicows from Microsoft for a small number of programs:
Decompress the self-extracting archive to a folder of your choice and double-click Start.bat.
Full and most up-to-date disclaimer is here.
1. No warranty: I've developed this collection with the community at portablefreeware.com, but almost none of the users there are the developers of included software. We simply don't have control over that.
2. Virus notice: A small number of included files show up as viruses in some very paranoid scanners (like Comodo) but as near as we can tell, these are false positives. PLEASE DELETE ANY FILES YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT.
3. Licenses: There are 100s of software tools and many licenses -- some allow for business and governmental use, some only personal. If you discover a license that is no longer freeware or there is a program that should not be in this archive for any reason, please delete it and contact me (see website below).
4. Nobody is endorsing this. Its just a fun and cool personal project.
5. Does not contain Firefox, Thunderbird, or Sunbird because I couldn't get permission. To add them, visit portableapps.com, download and install to a directory of your choice and drag-and-drop them into the Pstart menu.
News and more info: http://kitchensinksoftware.blogspot.com/